Brandworkers Job Opportunity: Organizer
Are you looking to challenge the racist and xenophobic policies of the Trump administration? Are you interested in developing a new model of organizing that builds a fighting labor movement for the 21st century? The organizer position at Brandworkers centers on building dynamic campaigns with workers directly affected by Trump’s policies. You’ll be helping local food manufacturing workers attain the know-how to create strong factory organizing committees and build collective power across the industry.
Brandworkers is the country’s first worker center led and operated by workers employed in the fast-growing local food manufacturing industry. Through organizing, direct action, and partnerships with eaters, Brandworkers members are winning dignified jobs across the local food industry and developing a model of workplace association with far-reaching potential for labor renewal. Commemorating its tenth anniversary, Brandworkers’ founding belief is that the most marginalized workers have a unique power to remake their industry and to help build a movement that transforms society.
Reports To: Campaign Director
- Identify, assess, and connect with worksite leaders in the local food manufacturing industry.
- Help Brandworkers members attain mastery of organizing, campaigning, and leadership capabilities.
- Support organizing committee leaders to design agendas, organize co-workers, develop a path to victory, formulate and advance a campaign plan, and counter anti-organizing tactics.
- Support workers’ leadership development journey from the shop floor to the industry overall
- Track, compile and analyze your organizing progress to maximize mission impact.
- Minimum of two years of experience and demonstrated success as a union organizer or as a worker center organizer who built robust organizing committees in workplaces.
- Mastery of core workplace organizing capabilities: active listening, charting, message development, leadership identification, committee building, and more.
- Demonstrated ability to embrace Brandworkers’ prioritization of the most marginalized workers including indigenous, immigrant, women, people of color and/or gender nonconforming people.
- Ability to execute with discipline including making and carrying out quarterly, monthly, weekly, and daily plans to achieve quantitative and qualitative goals.
- You are fluent in Spanish and in English.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary based on your experience level, with a minimum range starting at $34,000/year
Fully-paid health and dental benefits. Participation in Brandworkers' retirement program. Generous vacation and professional development policies. Platform to fully lead, to create, and to express your movement contribution.
Our Hiring Process & Timeline:
- We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- We will begin scheduling phone interviews on July 17th.
- We will conduct short phone interviews and begin in-person one-hour interviews in late July.
- Finalists will be invited to a second-round one-hour interview, and we will make an offer shortly thereafter.
- We would like to have the selected candidate start August 14th.
Interested candidates should email Gabriel Morales, Campaign Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume.
Brandworkers strongly encourages applications from people of color, women, immigrants, indigenous people, LGBT people, and other traditionally oppressed communities.